- Google launches Penguin to fight web spam link building tactics and over optimization
- Google launches Panda updates #10 through #23 to their core algorithm in 2012, one of the most active years ever in search
- Google’s 7 result SERP (search engine result page)
- Mobile search advertising click growth of 339% year over year (2012 Q3 State of Paid Search Report)
- Google’s average CPC or cost-per-click fell 10% (Adobe 2012 report)
- Mobile clicks will account for roughly 25% of all visits from Google in 2013 (Searchenginewatch.com)
- Google’s Venice update which localized organic results on broad search queries
New Year, Same Old Tactics?
It’s clear that we need to rethink how we approach search marketing in 2013. The same old tactics and the same approach simply will not work. After some thought, I’ve put together a list of the top 10 tactics to avoid going into the new year.